1. The qualities of a good leader is one of the play's important themes. To explore this theme, students can do one or more of the following:
• Discuss the qualities possessed by a good leader. Generate a list of these qualities
• Make a list of the leadership qualities that the class feels are legitimate. Compare and contrast the two lists and compile one list of leadership qualities that the class feels a good leader should have. Prioritize the list.
-Persuasiveness
-Responsibility
-Mental Strength
-loyal
-support common man
-serve others
-just
-trustworthy
-intelligent
-political understanding
-experience
-respect
-foreign policy
-self-confidence
-courageous
-charasmatic
• Examine the effect a leader's domestic relationships, physical condition, and/or athletic ability may have on his or her leadership abilities.
-First of all, everybody grows up to have numerous biases, the respect a leader has can come from his/her appearances. Self-confidence can also be depicted from the way you view yourself. Your whole image can be made or depend on your appearances and abilities. Your relationships can also help you in your leadership abilities because your relations can help you climb social ladders and get you to where you need to be. Your athletic abilities can give you a physical advantage over competitors and give you a head start over other threats.
2. Friendship is another major theme in the play. Explore this theme by answering the following questions:
• How far would you go to stop a friend from harming your country?
-I have a naturally deeper sense of just than some people have and so I would automatically know that I needed to stop my friend in any case necessary. I would have no problem permanently crippling them to ensure that they wouldn’t be able to do it again. I would try to avoid murder so I would have no problem putting them into solitary confinement if it was for the best.
• How far would you go to obtain revenge on someone or some group who destroyed your best friend?
-Knowing me, sometimes I don’t know when to stop so I would probably kill someone who did murder my best friend if they didn’t have a good reason.
• Is there anything for which you would betray a friend?
-I have a problem with disloyalty so of course I am a loyal friend, but there are always exceptions. I would probably betray a friend as long as I knew that I could be forgiven if I had explained my position. More of less with a sense of humor with it, I would not take betrayal far though.
• Which is more important to you, friendship or personal principles? Why?
-Personal principles are definitely more important to be even with my sense of loyalty because without my principles I am nothing and I would have nothing to live by.
3. One of the most sensitive issues in the play is suicide. Research attitudes toward suicide held by the following cultures: ancient Roman, modern Japanese, and modern American. Compare and contrast these attitudes in class presentations or in written essays.
4. The role of fate and superstition is another theme.
• To what extent can we control the future?
-I don’t have a set religion but I do have a sense of God and live with ideals that I feel should be right. When it comes to fate I believe that we think that we are in control and that we are making are decisions but in truth, God already knows what decision we eventually made even if we don’t believe in fate. God is cool and all-knowing like that.
• How superstitious are you? Do you have any good luck rituals that you perform before important occasions?
-in general I don’t take superstition seriously and apply it to life even though I do find it very interesting. I don’t really have good luck rituals that I perform before occasions. Occasionally if I really want things to go well I will pray.
• Do you watch for omens before important events?
-I don’t look for omens because I believe that you set yourself up to have a bad day when you are superstitious like that.
• Do you read your horoscope every day, and do you follow its advice?
-I like reading and following my horoscope but I am not obsessed enough to look at it everyday, maybe if something is coming up I will go and look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment